Personal Information we collect on our website
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Learn more about cookies.
Overall website tracking
We use website analytics to gathering information on you and your interactions with our website. These include the following:
- Device information (via Computer, Mobile Phone, Tablet) – this is information from the device you use to visit our website.
- These include Service provider, Language used, Browser, Operating system, screen resolution, potentially device name.
- Personal information – these are related “Personally identifiable information” we collect.
- IP addresses, Potential Age groups, Gender, Geographical location.
- Behavioral information – this information on how you interact with our website.
- They way in which you reached or website whether it was from search engines, other websites or social media.
- Web pages you visit within our website.
- Website searches you do on our website.
- Your interactions with our website such as links or items you click on.
- Comments that you post on the website.
We also collect information when you fill out our web forms (contact and subscriber) and make a comment on our website. We collect the following personal identifiable information on these two parts of our website:
- IP address
- Your name
- Your email address
How we use your data
Our main purpose for collection your data is to provide you with the best overall experience when you visit our website. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For gaining information on your behavior and interactions within the website as a way to better understanding what areas of the website are being visited, how you interact with elements of the website, and what devices you use when visiting the website.
- As a means for interacting with you and answering queries, getting feedback and posting your post/article comments.
- As a way to provide you with the latest news about LIFT via an email newsletter.
- We share your data with our website tracking service Google Analytics. It provides us with a service for looking at your data and analyzing to provide us with necessary information for improving our visitor’s experience to our website.
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics you may also use an add-on for web browser –https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Disclosing personal information
We offer your personal information to certain employees and third-party service only when required for the uses as described in this policy.
We may be required to offer personal information to the extent required by law.
DO NOT track signals
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
You may request any information on your personal data. We will need proof of identity such as your passport page which has been notarized.
You may at any time request that your personal data not be used for marketing purposes.
We may keep personal information that you request as long as it is acceptable within current laws.
You are entitled to get any personal data deleted or correct as upon request. You may also unsubscribe from email newsletter by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Security of your personal information
- We will take sensible technical and organizational security steps to ensure the prevention of loss, unauthorized changes or misuse of your personal information.
- We implement a firewall on our website to prevent unauthorized access and malware.
- We understand that the transfer of information through the internet is can be insecure. We cannot guarantee the safety of information over the internet.
- If we believe there is a data breach, we will contact you within 7 business days via email.
- In the event of a data breach deemed to be high risk to your personal data, we will contact the Data Protection Authority within 72 hours of a discovery of a breach.
We may need to make changes to our policy. It is worth checking this policy from time to time. We will be sending out notifications on updates to this policy via email.